Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tonka Wonka and QVC

My toddler is very particular about her shows. And she usually has a certain rotation...of about two videos...that she requests, every...single...day. The current two are "Tonka Wonka" (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) and "The Blue Guy" (Big Fat Liar.)

This morning she requested Tonka Wonka, and demanded that I watch it with her. Now, don't get me wrong...I adore Gene Wilder, but day after day of Oompa Loompas is enough to make even the sanest person want to jump off a chocolate waterfall. The best part is that my child likes to analyze the film for me. She explains to me that she likes candy. And that Charlie is sad. And that the mean girl doesn't listen. And she wants to know what is wrong with Tonka Wonka when he starts showing monsters on the boat. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure what the point of that scene is myself, so we just agree that Tonka Wonka is silly.

I finally convinced her to watch regular TV this afternoon. I took Owen back to change his diaper, and when I came out she had changed the channel to QVC. She told me she was watching my show.

"My show? Why is this my show?" I look at the woman trying to sell steaks, as she slices into one and takes a bite.

"Because you cook. And you cut. And you eat."

Good to know.

I guess it could have been worse....she could have been selling alcohol.

Perhaps Tonka Wonka isn't so bad, after all...

1 comment:

  1. dude, serious...you know you have a problem when your toddler says "mama needs wiiiiine" ;)

    um, yeah ;)

    ReplyDelete