Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Those Moments...

The smiles...the snuggles...the cute things they say...these are the moments that make parenthood worthwhile. 

I have to remember these moments when my four-year-old wakes me up at 4:30am, ready to start her day.  Or when I lift one twin out of the bathtub, and before I can reach for the towel, he takes off, streaking through the house, dripping wet, and slides across the kitchen floor.

I have to remember these moments when my child head-butts me because I wouldn't let him stick a fork in the outlet.  Or when my preteen screams "I hate you!!" as she stomps down the stairs.  Or when my teenage son is sent out to mow the lawn...and after several minutes I check out the window to see him standing in one place, the lawn mower running, as he pulls leaves off a tree...and stays there (thinking as long as the mower is running we'll think he's actually doing something.)

I have to remember these moments when the boys put plates full of syrup on top of their heads....or throw their entire dinner on the floor.  Or when the four-year-old demands "Dora"...for the fifth time in a row. 

Right now the boys are napping...and there's nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby...except maybe two sleeping babies;  I will file this image away in my memory folder for the next time they cause mischief...which will probably be in about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment