Tuesday, June 8, 2010

For Better or Worse...

My sister got married...and it was everything I dreamt it would be...crazy bachelor/bachelorette party, super cool theme, beautiful day....and my children disrupting the ceremony. 

Bruce, Irelynn and I were all in the wedding party, which created a bit of a problem when it came to a couple of over-active toddlers.  Irelynn went back and forth between being painfully shy and wild hippie child.  The family took turns keeping tabs on Owen and Connor.  I told Jay that his most important task was to help watch the boys during the ceremony, because we could not do it...my mother would have limited availability, and my oldest niece was taking pictures.  So, as I glance out into the pews from the front of the church, frantically glancing at Jay because Owen has burst out screaming during the sermon, what do I see?  Jaylond...holding my cell phone...apparently trying to record the ceremony.  Meanwhile, his sister is looking like a lost puppy as she tries to shoosh Owen and figure out what to do with him. 

I look down at our little flower girl...who is continuing to sprinkle flower petals on the floor.  She grins at me and then asks why that guy just keeps talking and talking.  Meanwhile, Owen gets louder.  I see my stepdad, with a bad hip, finally take my flailing child down the aisle to the back of the church...Jaylond focused only on capturing video with my phone.  Connor is sitting on my aunt's lap, repeatedly sounding like a young Kool-Aid man:  "Oh Yeah!"

Luckily my sister-in-law was able to pick up the boys after the ceremony. 

Though my kids managed to disrupt the most important parts of the ceremony...the rest of the event was wonderful.  The reception was a blast, and my sister was beautiful. 

I think I'm going to have a discussion with my budding videographer before the next wedding, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment