Monday, June 1, 2009

Junk in the Trunk

"I have a little butt now. Someday, when I get old, I'll have a big butt, like you!"

Nothing like the daily affirmations from your children. I'm not sure what was worse...hearing that statement from my three-year-old...or the response my 13-year-old son gave:

"Ha ha! Hey Mom, she looks up to your big butt! Get it...looks up...because she's short..." pausing, as he notices my lack of humor, "I mean...not that you have a big butt...I mean...actually, I think you have a small butt...I mean...not that I actually look at your butt...."

His father tells him he should probably stop there.

I suppose, after nine months, I can no longer use the excuse of giving birth to twins. I would rather not have a butt that is big enough to be noticed by a three or a thirteen year old.

I've never really thought of myself as having junk in the trunk. Junk in the cargo section, maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment